Did you know there are 3 ways you can purchase a new home today with nothing down?
VA Loans (Veterans Administration)There are many benefits of going with a VA loan, rather than a conventional loan. Here are some of major reasons that qualifying individuals should opt for a VA loan:
- No down payment is required
- Borrowers do not need private mortgage insurance
- Interest rates are generally lower than conventional loans
- Less stringent credit stipulations
- Low ceilings on closing costs
- Continuous foreclosure avoidance support (once you have your home)
USDA (United States Department of Agriculture)
Did you know that 97% of Washington State is USDA eligible? And, because the loan is backed by the United States Department of Agriculture, there are immense advantages of USDA loans that most people can’t get with any other type of loan. Here are some of the benefits of USDA loans:
- No down payment is required. This is usually the only way for most homebuyers to qualify for a home without a down payment, unless you served in the military or have a bond loan option.
- Allows borrowers to get an interest rate that is lower than the current market interest rate, sometimes regardless of their credit score.
- There are relaxed credit requirements, and homes can be purchased with even minimal credit history.
- The private mortgage insurance (PMI) rate is lower than all other loan programs, and usually stays around .5%. (All loans without at least a 20% down payment require PMI, regardless of what loan program it is.)
WA State Bond
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or have owned a home in the past, our home loan programs can turn your dream into reality. Ask a one of our Union Home Plus Advisors (WSHFC trained) to connect you with financing options such as The Home Advantage or House Key programs. We can help households with up to $145,000 annual income, though eligibility guidelines vary for different programs.
Downpayment Help! Saving for a downpayment can feel like an uphill climb. Our downpayment assistance programs get you into a home you can afford sooner. Assistance levels vary with the borrower’s income and assets, the cost of the home, and other factors.