KEY BENEFITS of Reverse Mortgages
You’ve worked hard for your home – now let your home work for you by taking advantage of your home equity. Reverse Mortgages, also known as a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), gives seniors the ability to use their home’s equity as cash which can provide an improved financial situation by eliminating monthly mortgage payments. This Federally insured loan offers multiple ways to receive the borrower’s funds and gives them the ability to spend the cash as needed. Common uses of Reverse Mortgage income includes paying off debt, assisting with everyday living, covering costly medical bills, helping with Elder Care, home repairs, vacations and more!
With a number of benefits to offer, reverse mortgage programs can be a lifeline for seniors. There are no credit or income requirements, other than your financial ability to pay ongoing property expenses. With this program, the mortgage pays the homeowner. That’s right. The reverse mortgage lender pays you the equity you have in your home.
– Money from a Reverse Mortgage is typically tax-free
– There are multiple ways to receive the borrower’s funds, either as a line of credit, a term payment, a tenure payment or lump sum
– Live in your home with no mortgage payments and have the ability to maintain their property tax and insurance.
– Borrower must be at least 62 year of age.
– Have the financial ability to pay ongoing property expenses including taxes and insurance.
– Occupy the property as your primary residence.
– Own the property outright or have a small mortgage balance.
– Not be delinquent on any Federal debt.
Important note: Before deciding to get a reverse mortgage, talk to a Union Home Plus™ Advisor to consider all the possible risks against the advantages. Traditional reverse mortgages or HECM loans are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). They require participation in an independent counseling session to ensure that you adequately understand the reverse mortgage program and process, and that it is the best fit for your needs. If you’ve carefully weighed your options and want to learn more, get in touch with us today. We’re here to help.