Step 1: Understand the Cost of Selling
It is very important to first calculate the expenses that may be incurred while selling your home. This knowledge is absolutely necessary because it helps you determine a good price for the house, as well as the potential profit that you can realize. The cost of selling your home may include things like commission to be paid to the agent, taxes, advertising costs property inspections, etc.
Besides, you’ll need to know how much you’ll net after the sale for your next purchase considerations. A Union Home Plus™ advisor can help you estimate your net sale proceeds in a matter of moments.
Step 2: Sales Price
The most important factor when putting your home on the market is setting the right price. The price at which your property is marketed can make or break the deal.
Over-pricing may result in a prolonged stay on the market that will result in lower offers being submitted. Under-pricing may result in: losing money on your investment or a buyer offering an even lower amount due to a negative perception of your property or the neighborhood.
A Union Home Plus™ Certified Real Estate Agent can provide you with a free home marketing analysis so that you can list your home with knowledge and confidence.
Step 3: Property Condition
The condition of your property is always a factor in how quickly your home sells. A little elbow grease goes a long way here! It’s a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above the others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions. Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s curb appeal:
- Keep the grass cut and yard clutter to a minimum.
- Apply fresh paint to any wooden fences and your front door.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint your home’s exterior as needed.
- Ensure gutters and other exterior items are firmly attached.
Step 4: Staging
Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or, that opening drapes and blinds and turning on lights make a room seem bright and cheery? It’s true, which is why staging your home to look its absolute best is an important factor in the selling process.
Here are some inexpensive ways to highlight your home’s best features:
- Clean, touch up or paint walls and ceilings.
- Clean all flooring and fixtures – lights, faucets, light switches, etc.
- Repair all plumbing leaks or any damage from them.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and extra personal goods.
- Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime.
- Infuse your home with a comforting scent.
- Leave the property when it’s being shown to prospective buyers.