Step 1: Decide to Buy
The decision to purchase a home is one of the biggest and best choices anyone could ever make. After all, a home is the largest investment most people will face in their lifetime. There is never a wrong time to buy the right home. The key is finding the right buy and taking the time to carefully evaluate your finances.
A home purchase is an important step that can provide many advantages. Purchasing your own home is a great investment that can deliver several financial benefits – equity build up, value appreciation, tax savings, not to mention security and stability for you and your family. Start looking at your options
Step 2: Secure Financing
The most important detail of buying a home is knowing what you can afford and securing a mortgage loan pre-approval. You need to be able to purchase confidently and within your budget. At Union Home Plus™, loan pre-approval is free – no application fees, no underwriting fees and no credit report fees!
Here’s what a Union Home Plus™ advisor will do for you:
- Review your current financials and resources to qualify.
- Discuss the options available to you.
- Guide you to an affordable and appropriate price point.
- Provide you free preapproval and credit report
- Keep you informed and updated throughout your purchase.
- Provide you a $1000 closing cost credit at closing
Step 3: Meet with your agent
When you’re looking for a real estate professional to help you, know that above all else, great agents put their clients first. With our Union Certified Agent Network (UCAN), we only work and refer experienced local professionals that have a proven success history in customer service and results. A Union Home Plus™ Certified Real Estate Agent will:
- Educate you about the market.
- Analyze what you want and need, also what you don’t.
- Coordinate other professionals throughout the process.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Inform, discuss and suggest solutions to any problems that may arise.
- Provide you a closing cost credit from their commission.
Step 4: Find Your Home
Once you’ve met with your trusted Union Home Plus™ advisor, now you’re really ready to begin your home search. Your Union Home Plus™ Certified Agent will help you more accurately pinpoint homes that fit your criteria. Some questions to ask yourself as you begin:
- What amenities are crucial to me?
- How much space do you really need?
- Which is more important to me: location or size?
- Could I be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is value appreciation?
- Is neighborhood stability a priority?
- Is accessibility to main routes a priority?
- What features are not negotiable in your new home?
Step 5: Make an Offer
Once you’ve found a home you love, the next step is deciding on a price. It’s important to remember that a home is an investment. Your agent can give you information on other properties in the neighborhood to help you ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to price. Look your Union Home Plus™ Certified Agent to explain and guide you through the offer process. But don’t delay. In today’s market, if you see it and like it, buy it – or someone else will!
Step 6: Close and Own
Once your offer is accepted, your Union Home Plus™ Certified Agent and Advisors will guide you through the home inspection, appraisal process, final underwriting loan approval and then off to escrow to close. And just like that, your new keys are in hand and your next life chapter begins